• Research (Basic and Applied) and Development work including Consultancy    Services in the field of Environmental Engineering with specialization in   Carrying Capacity based Developmental Planning
• Environmental Policy Issues
• Air and Water Quality Modelling
• Environmental Impact and Risk Assessment
• Environmental Audit
• Knowledge based Systems for Environmental Impact Assessment
• Computer Applications in Environmental Engineering
• Vehicular Pollution control
• Air and Water Pollution Control
• Industrial Pollution Control and Treatment Systems Design
• Pilot Plant Studies and Scaling up Waste Treatment Systems
• Directed several research and consultancy teams in the capacity of Project   Leader.
• Carrying Capacity based Developmental Planning.
• Calibration and Validation of Mathematical Models.
• Development of Knowledge based System for Environmental Impact Assessment of Industrial Projects, Environmental Audit of Industrial and Mining Projects.
• Pilot Studies on Biological Treatment of Complex Basic Organic Chemicals Industry Wastewaters and Cyanide bearing Wastewaters.
• Basic Process and Engineering Design Package Preparation for Domestic Wastewater Treatment.
• Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Common Effluent Treatment Plants.
• Performance Evaluation of Sewage Treatment Plants under National Mission Project on Ganga Action Plan.
• Water Treatment Plant Design and Evaluation .
• MULTI-INSTITUTIONAL (INVOLVING NATIONAL LABORATORIES, ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS, PREMIER ENGINEERING ORGANISATIONS AND STATE GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS) PROJECTS OF REGIONAL AND NATIONAL IMPORTANCE
World Environmental Management Award from International Agencies and Confederation of Indian Universities in the area of Pollution Control and Sustainable Development.
Certificate of Merit from the Institution of Engineers (India) for the paper “Minimum Stack Height Formula for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants in Northern India” published in Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), 2002.
Rekha Nandy and Bhupesh Nandy Gold Medal from The Institution of Engineers (India) for the best paper ‘Application of Wind Tunnel to Air Pollution Problems’ published in Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), 2000.
Resource Person at Commonwealth Science Council Workshop on Air Quality Modelling and Atmospheric Acidification and presented Keynote paper on ‘Air Quality Modelling – Research Needs’.
C V Chalapati Rao (Editors)
|Environmental Status of India.||Atlantic Publishers & Distributors(P) Ltd. 2008.|
|2.||S K Goyal
C V Chalapati Rao
|Urban Air Pollution in India: Status & Challenges.||INSA, New Delhi, 2007.|
|3.|| C V Chalapati Rao
S K Goyal
|Status of Air Environment – Maharashtra.||State of Environment Report (SoER)– Maharashtra, MPCB, MoEF, New Delhi and DOE, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai, 2006.|
|4.||C V Chalapati Rao||Environmental Impact Assessment of Wastewater Treatment Facility – A Case Study (Chapter 5).||Text Book on ‘Recent Advances in Wastewater Engineering’ Ed by Dr.S.N. Kaul, Tapas Nandy, L. Szpyr Kowicz, R. K. Trivedy, 2003, Pub Book Enclave, Jaipur, India.|